Wednesday, January 30, 2008

31 Days to Building a Better Blog: Day 5


The challenge for Day 5 of the 31 Day Blog Challenge is to run an audit of the 'about page'. This page tells readers what your blog is about and should help to hook readers into your blog.

This blogging platform does not have an 'about page' so I am reliant on my profile, heading and sidebar to tell readers about the blog. This reduces the space I have to telling people about myself so it is especially important that I am concise and keep to the main points. With this in mind, I have changed my heading to include short, concise key words that describe my blog as suggested by Sue Waters. I keep changing the order of the words around depending on what mood I am in, but I think they encapsulates what the blog is about.

Slightly off topic: I have been extremely pleased with people's responses to the change of the blog's format. I certainly love it. It feels a lot less cluttered but still reflects how I feel about the blog.

Image: 'Phuket Sunset' Pete Liedtke
www.flickr.com/photos/60703488@N00/359051022

No comments: